Written by T. Pascal Brown
Description: Sentences about yachts which are boats that use the wind to sail with
Instructions: Read the sentences below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces
- Yachts are sea going boats.
- Yachts need wind to sail with.
- Yachts usually also have a small motor just in case they get into trouble or there is no wind.
- Small yachts go around harbours and across to islands.
- Larger yachts are equipped to go across the oceans to other countries.
- Some yachts go around the world.
- Yachts need quite a lot of safety equipment on board (e.g. flares, ropes, life jackets).
- Racing yachts usually do not have an engine on board.
- If they have no engine they are often towed out to sea.
- America Cup yachts are towed out to the open sea where they race.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Yachts are sea ……….. boats.CorrectIncorrect
2. Yachts need ……….. to sail with.CorrectIncorrect
3. Yachts usually also have a small motor ……….. They get into trouble or there is no wind.CorrectIncorrect
4. Small yachts go around harbours and across to ………….CorrectIncorrect
5. Larger yachts are ………… to go across the oceans to other countries.CorrectIncorrect
6. Some yachts go ………… the world.CorrectIncorrect
7. Yachts need quite a lot of safety ………….. on board (e.g. flares, ropes, life jackets).CorrectIncorrect
8. Racing yachts usually ……….. have an engine on board.CorrectIncorrect
9. If racing yachts have no engine they are often ………. out to sea.CorrectIncorrect
10. America Cup yachts are towed out to the open sea where they ………..CorrectIncorrect