Written by Lina
Description: Sentences about going to a casino
Instructions: Read the sentences below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces
- A friend of mine took me to a casino called Sky City, Auckland last Saturday.
- This is the second time I went to the casino in Auckland.
- Compared to the casino in Macau, the casino in Sky City is more casual and friendly.
- In the Macau casino, there is a very serious inspection before you can enter in. I am not sure what the reasons are, however, any liquid even a bottle of water can not be brought into a casino in Macau.
- In Sky City, only one security guard stands outside the entrance to check a person’s ID to make sure that the visitor is over twenty-one.
- In addition, it is very interesting to see there are a lot of old people and most of them are maybe over seventy years of age.
- This is beyond my understanding because I don’t think gambling is usually the elderly’s cup of tea.
- I have to say the majority of visitors are Asians in both casinos.
- It seems that gambling is kind of habit of most Asian people.
- I feel sorry to know about that.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A friend of mine took me to the …………last Saturday.CorrectIncorrect
2. The author has been to the casino……………time(s).CorrectIncorrect
3. Compared to a casino in……………, the casino in Auckland (Sky City) is more casual and friendly.CorrectIncorrect
4. What should you not bring into the casino in Macau?CorrectIncorrect
5. In Sky City, only one security man stands at the entrance to check the ID in order to make sure the person is ………………………………..CorrectIncorrect
6. In addition, a very interesting phenomenon is there are a lot of ………. people and I guess they may be over seventy years of age.CorrectIncorrect
7. This is …………my understanding because I don’t think gambling is usually the elderly’s cup of tea.CorrectIncorrect
8. I have to say, the majority of players are ………… in both casinos.CorrectIncorrect
9. It seems that gambling is kind of ……………… of the Asian people.CorrectIncorrect
10. What is the attitude of the author to the Asian gambling?CorrectIncorrect