Written by Saurav
Description: An article about drinking alcohol, driving a car and penalties
Drink driving is an act of driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol. Drinking and driving impair your mental and motor skills. Drink driving is one of the major crimes all over the world. People die daily due to drink driving.
In most of the countries if a person is convicted for drink driving the penalty is a heavy fine and maybe also a few years of prison sentence. A breathalyser is a device used to count the content of alcohol in the blood. It is illegal to drive a vehicle in most of the countries if the BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) is above 0.8%.
Breathalysers are very common, but it is also a sensitive device. The temperature of the surrounding environment has to be taken account of to get an exact result.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. The temperature of the …………………. environment has to be taken account of when we want to get the exact result from the breathalyser.CorrectIncorrect
2. Illegal means …………..?CorrectIncorrect
3. You can pay a heavy fine and go to jail if you are …………….. for drinking driving.CorrectIncorrect
4. Drink driving is not a crime.CorrectIncorrect
5. A breathalyser is special device that counts the content of alcohol in our blood.CorrectIncorrect
6. People ………… daily from drink driving.CorrectIncorrect
7. What does the word ‘to impair’ mean?CorrectIncorrect
8. Drink driving is an ……… of driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.CorrectIncorrect
9. ‘Under the influence’ means ……………….CorrectIncorrect
10. Drinking and driving can …………….. your mental and motor skills.CorrectIncorrect