Written by Saurav
Description: An article about nutrition and how eating the right food is the key to being healthy
Instructions: Read the sentences below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces
Nutrition is the key to a healthy body. So, what exactly is nutrition? Nutrition is the food that is being provided by the body to the cells. The nutrients needed to support life are divided into seven classes. These nutrients are carbohydrates, fats, fibre, minerals, proteins, vitamins and water. Carbohydrates are the most plentiful form of nutrient in the body. One of the carbohydrate’s major functions is to store and transport energy. Fats are responsible for maintaining healthy skin and hair. Also, fats help in maintaining body temperature and protecting organs.
Fibres are important to hold the tissues to grown together. Minerals are important to form strong bones and teeth. Protein is important to keep the acid-bases balanced in the body. Vitamins are needed for the normal growth and development of the human body. The human body also requires six to seven glasses of water per day to help the body to function properly.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Fats are responsible for maintaining healthy skin and hair.CorrectIncorrect
2. Vitamins are needed for the normal growth and development of the human body.CorrectIncorrect
3. Minerals do not health form strong bones and teeth.CorrectIncorrect
4. One of the functions of carbohydrates in the body is to store and transport energy.CorrectIncorrect
5. Nutrition is the food that is being provided by the body to the cells in our body.CorrectIncorrect
6. The human body also requires six to seven glasses of water per day to help the body to function properly.CorrectIncorrect
7. There are …………… classes (i.e. types) of nutrients?CorrectIncorrect
8. Nutrition is the key to a healthy body.CorrectIncorrect
9. Fibres are responsible for holding the tissues together.CorrectIncorrect
10. Protein is important to keep the acid-bases balanced in the bodyCorrectIncorrect