Written by Saurav
Description: An article about work performance and being told you are doing a great job
Instructions: Read the sentences below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces
Note: Read the following meeting between a manager and an employee where they are discussing work performance. The employee has only been working at the workplace, which is a shoe factory, for three weeks so is quite new to this work. Then answer the questions or fill in the missing spaces.
Manager: “Come in. Sit down please. How are things?”
Employee: “Good thanks”.
Manager: “So how is work going since you started your work here?”
Employee: “Fine thanks. Yes, I am enjoying it here.”
Manager: “You seem to have fitted in to your team very well. I’d like to tell you that we are happy with that”.
Manager: “I’m saying that you are working well in your team. You seem to enjoy your job and your performance is nearly the same as the other people in your team.”
Employee: “Oh thanks”.
Manager: “Now do you have any question that you would like to ask me about your job?”
Employee: “Yes one question. That is what is the pay if I get more than the targets set?”
Manager: “I will bring down a piece of paper to show you about this. Anything else?”
Employee: “No that is all.”
Manager: “OK thanks. I’ll try a meet with you again in two weeks time.”
Employee: “Sure that is fine.”
Employee: “See you. Thanks.”
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. In this conversation the manager is discussing the employee's ……………..CorrectIncorrect
2. Is the employee’s performance nearly the same as other people at the workplace?CorrectIncorrect
3. Is the manager happy with the new employee’s work performance?CorrectIncorrect
4. The new employee asked a question about ……………….CorrectIncorrect
5. The manager wants to meet with the employee in ……………….CorrectIncorrect
6. “See you” is an informal way to say ………….CorrectIncorrect
7. At this meeting it appears that both the manager and the employee had a successful conversation with each other.CorrectIncorrect
8. ‘You seem to have fitted into your team well’ means ………………..CorrectIncorrect
9. The employee is not enjoying his work.CorrectIncorrect
10. “Sorry?” means that the employee …………………CorrectIncorrect