Written by T. Pascal Brown
Description: A conversation about a performance appraisal
Instructions: Read the sentences below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces
Note: Read the following conversation. Gordon is a team leader and a new staff member
Julie is asking him some questions. Then answer the questions or fill in the spaces.
Julie: So you say I have two performance appraisals a year. Is this right?
Gordon: Yes that is right.
Julie: Please why two?
Gordon: That is company policy. We feel that if we have a formal one to one meeting with each operator twice a year we can improve your production volume. We can also improve communication within our teams.
Julie: Is it a really serious conversation?
Gordon: Yes and no. What I mean is that yes it is a serious meeting but it is quite informal. I do take notes and the meeting about what we decide. For example, if we decide you need to go on a training course then I write that down. I also write down any suggestions you make.
Julie: What sort of suggestions are you looking for?
Gordon: Anything that you like. For example, you may have some ideas on making the team work better. I would like to hear those.
Julie: OK thanks. It is a bit clearer now.
Gordon: Thanks too for your questions. Bye.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is another reason for having two performance appraisals?CorrectIncorrect
2. Why is improving communication in a team so important?CorrectIncorrect
3. Does Gordon take notes at the meeting?CorrectIncorrect
4. It is good to give suggestions at a performance appraisal.CorrectIncorrect
5. The performance is …………..?CorrectIncorrect
6. Are suggestions that you give at a performance appraisal taken seriously by the company.CorrectIncorrect
7. Who is this conversation above between?CorrectIncorrect
8. Julie will have ……….. performance appraisals every year.CorrectIncorrect
9. “Is this right?” means …………..CorrectIncorrect
10. Why will there be two performance appraisals per year?CorrectIncorrect