Description: An article about traffic infringement notice for speeding
Written by T. Pascal Brown
Instructions: Read the short article below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces.
PO Box 44295
18 January 2020
NZ Police Infringement Bureau
PO Box 9147
Dear Sir / Madam
Regarding the infringement notice: N4315126
I would like to ask for this fine to be waived for the following reasons:
1: I am a very law-abiding citizen. I have never been fined for drink and driving and this is perhaps my second only speeding offence.
2: I am a father of four here in Auckland teaching at a local polytechnic. One of my children (17 years) has to be taken to physio regularly. This means I have to spend a great deal more than a normal family on petrol.
3: My other three children are fine but two of them do wear glasses and these have cost us $400 each.
4: It is a difficult time of year for me with school starting again and having to buy books and things for school. My 15-year-old son goes to Mt Albert Grammar so requires new things to be bought such as tennis shoes as he represents his school in tennis.
5: My younger two children are 7 and 3 and also have school costs coming up.
6: The road at that time was dry and the weather perfect. I apologise for being over the speed limit by the amount. It was passing through Ormond, near Gisborne, and there are very few houses there and the local pub that the road passes has closed so has no cars were parked there. I was in fact driving very safely.
Please can you let me off these fines as my wife does not work and we have a handful with children and mortgage, food and transport costs.
I intend not to speed again and take more notice of signs near houses.
Trevor Bill Chan
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Infringement means …………?CorrectIncorrect
2. This is the author’s …….. speeding offence?CorrectIncorrect
3. The author of the letter is fined for…………?CorrectIncorrect
4. This letter is written to the NZ Police Infringement Bureau.CorrectIncorrect
5. Which of the following word is similar to ‘law-abiding’?CorrectIncorrect
6. How many children does the author have?CorrectIncorrect
7. From the above letter we know that the letter is posted to…………?CorrectIncorrect
8. The author wants the fine to be waived because he thinks it is unfair.CorrectIncorrect
9. ‘We have a handful’ means…………?CorrectIncorrect
10.‘I intend not to speed again’ means………?CorrectIncorrect