Written by T. Pascal Brown
Description: Sentences about sizes and types of boats.
Instructions: Read the sentences below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces
- A boat is a vessel that floats on water.
- A boat is built to withstand huge winds, storms and any sort of rough weather.
- A boat is usually either powered by wind (i.e. yachts) or by fuel such as petrol or diesel (e.g. a fishing boat, a powerboat, a tanker).
- There is a huge range of sizes of boats.
- Boats range in size from tiny one person boats to huge oil tankers and container tankers.
- There are also huge passenger boats that take people from luxury cruises around different parts of the world. ‘