Written by Anslon Lin
Description: An article with an example of a police burglary report
Instructions: Read the Burglary Report below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces.
Sergeant in Charge
This file relates to a burglary complaint attended at the above address on Tuesday 12 May 2020.
CHANG left his computer shop for about 1 hour (4pm-5pm) to purchase computer parts from a supplier. While away front door was forced, a search made of the interior of the shop and subject clams that there are 10 LCD screens were taken valued at approximately $4,000. In addition, $200 cash was taken from the till.
There is one avenue of enquiry identified to date. A neighbour residing at 18 Ennismore Road does not recall any suspicious activities outside the subject’s address during the timeframe of the burglary.
A screwdriver was found at the point of entry. This has been placed in the Auckland Police Station Exhibit Room (Reference No. 12345/67).
File for your consideration and for forwarding for enquiry.
12 May 2020
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. The word 'was forced' means …………CorrectIncorrect
2. There is ………. one avenue of enquiry identified to date.CorrectIncorrect
3. The owner left for …………CorrectIncorrect
4. The 10 LCD screens taken were valued at approximately …………CorrectIncorrect
5. What has been placed in the Auckland Police Station Exhibit Room?CorrectIncorrect
6. The report implies a …………. was used to open the window.CorrectIncorrect
7. CHANG is the surname of the offender.CorrectIncorrect
8. The burglary happened on …………CorrectIncorrect
9. CHANG is the surname of the victim.CorrectIncorrect
10. In addition, ………. cash was taken from the till.CorrectIncorrect