Written by Saurav
Description: An article about drinking alcohol and driving a car
Instructions: Read the short article below and answer the questions or fill in the spaces.
Drink driving is an act of driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Drinking and driving impairs your mental and motoring skills.
Drink driving is one of the major crimes all over the world.
People die daily due to drink driving.
In most of the countries if a person is convicted for drink driving the
penalty is a heavy fine and maybe also a few years of prison sentence.
A breathalyser is a device used to count the content of alcohol in the blood.
It is illegal to drive a vehicle in most countries if the BAC (Blood Alcohol Content)
is above 0.8%.
Breathalysers are very common, but it is also a sensitive device.
The temperature of the surrounding environment has to be taken account of,
to get an exact result with a breathalyser.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Alcohol strengthens mental and motoring skills.CorrectIncorrect
2. Drink driving is an act of driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.CorrectIncorrect
3. BAC stands for ………….CorrectIncorrect
4. In some countries if a person dies due to drink driving the driver may be fined and go to prison.CorrectIncorrect
5. Impair means …………..CorrectIncorrect
6. Drink driving is a crime.CorrectIncorrect
7. ‘Sensitive’ means ………………CorrectIncorrect
8. It is illegal to drive if BAC is above 0.8%CorrectIncorrect
9. A …………. is a device used to count the content of alcohol in the blood?CorrectIncorrect
10. When using a breathalyser temperature has to be taken into account.CorrectIncorrect